Traditionally eaten for breakfast or for 'merienda' (afternoon snack) with almond ice cream and hot chocolate, this cake is extremely light and fluffy.
The very simple recipe contains eggs, sugar and flour, but it also admits variations including the addition of lemon, orange, chocolate...
The perfect bite for an afternoon break at a Mallorcan cafe.
More Mallorca Insights...
- What's on in Mallorca December 2019
- Michelin stars 2020 in Mallorca
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma