The traditional Mallorcan roasted piglet is marinated during 24 hours in a mixture of brandy or wine, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, lemon, salt and pepper to make it more tender and tasty.
Cooked for a long time in the oven, the result is a deliciously juicy meat. They usually prepare this recipe with very young piglets, between 3 and 21 days old. Locally reared animals can be identified by a yellow tag.
Traditionally, when people did not have an oven in their home, they would bring the marinated piglet to a bakery or a specialised oven.
More Mallorca Insights...
- May: What's On & Weather in Mallorca 2021
- June: What's On & Weather in Mallorca 2021
- Fiestas, Festivals & Fairs 2021 in Mallorca
- Michelin stars 2021 in Mallorca
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca