The traditional Mallorcan roasted piglet is marinated during 24 hours in a mixture of brandy or wine, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, lemon, salt and pepper to make it more tender and tasty.
Cooked for a long time in the oven, the result is a deliciously juicy meat. They usually prepare this recipe with very young piglets, between 3 and 21 days old. Locally reared animals can be identified by a yellow tag.
Traditionally, when people did not have an oven in their home, they would bring the marinated piglet to a bakery or a specialised oven.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca