The llonguet is a small fluffy bun with a crunchy crust and a deep crack in the middle.
Traditionally, llonguets were the first to go in the oven; bakers tested the temperature with them and they also released moisture into the oven.
This type of bread is so traditional in Mallorca's capital, that Palma inhabitants are sometimes known by the name "llonguets".
More Mallorca Insights...
- Fiestas, Festivals & Fairs 2021 in Mallorca
- Michelin stars 2021 in Mallorca
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca