Pa amb oli means "bread with oil" and it is just that, the best local brown bread, rubbed with garlic, local "ramallet" tomatoes and olive oil made with olives grown on the island. The perfect dish for breakfast, to start a meal or to enjoy for "merienda" (afternoon snack).
Very similar to the Catalán "pa amb tomaquet" although made with a different type of bread, pa amb oli is perhaps Mallorca's most famous dish. It was first documented in the 18th century by the Mallorcan friar Josep Bernat Martí i Oliver as a slice of bread with oil, but now it is most commonly prepared with garlic and tomato.
Pa amb oli is served all across the island, and there are lots of variations of the classical recipe, topped with trampo, cheese, ham, sobrassada... the options are endless
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy, organic & eco eating in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca