Panades are made in Easter week, taking advantage of the meat preserved after the 'matança' in December, and eaten during Easter weekend to celebrate the end of the prohibition to eat meat.
Usually all the women in the family gathered together to prepare panades, together with their sweet version, the rubiols.
They are traditionally filled with lamb, but there are versions with pork, chicken, sobrassada, vegetables and even fish.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Fiestas, Festivals & Fairs 2021 in Mallorca
- Michelin stars 2021 in Mallorca
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca