Traditionally friends gathered to prepare the rubiols during Easter week, and each family had its own recipe, transmitted from one generation to another.
They are now sold throughout the year in local bakeries. Their crescent shaped pastry is usually filled with cottage cheese, although they can also contain homemade jam, sweet pumpkin, chocolate, etc.
Rubiols are usually made together with savoury panades, because they share the same basic dough.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy, organic & eco eating in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca