Traditionally friends gathered to prepare the rubiols during Easter week, and each family had its own recipe, transmitted from one generation to another.
They are now sold throughout the year in local bakeries. Their crescent shaped pastry is usually filled with cottage cheese, although they can also contain homemade jam, sweet pumpkin, chocolate, etc.
Rubiols are usually made together with savoury panades, because they share the same basic dough.
More Mallorca Insights...
- See Mallorca's almond blossoms in 2020
- Mallorca in January 2020 - What's on & what to do
- Happy New Year from Mallorca!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeMallorca.com
- Christmas & New Year 2019 in Mallorca - The best things to do
- Top 6 reasons to visit Palma in winter 2019/20