One of the best known dishes of traditional Mallorcan cuisine, "sopas mallorquinas" are a dense, warm soup perfect for those chilly days on the Tramuntana mountains.
Ingredients change with the seasons, but they usually include local bread cut into fine slices, onion, garlic, tomatoes, cabbage, beans and other seasonal vegetables, paprika and, sometimes, meat such as pork loin or botifarrón.
The final touch comes in the shape of a nice splash of local olive oil.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca