Trampó is the perfect dish to enjoy for lunch on a warm day in Mallorca, while taking a break from all the sunbathing or the exhausting sightseeing.
All of the ingredients in this dish come from traditional Mallorcan crops and it is often served along with Spanish tortilla, fish or meat. It is also part of the "coca de trampó", a type of Mediterranean focaccia topped with this salad.
You can find lots of varieties of the basic recipe by adding capers, olives, potatoes, boiled eggs, chickpeas and even tuna or cod. But the best part is always dipping freshly baked bread in the olive oil, infused with the vegetables' flavours. Not for nothing, the name trampó comes from "trempar" or "to dress" in mallorquí.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Fiestas, Festivals & Fairs 2021 in Mallorca
- Michelin stars 2021 in Mallorca
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca