With five natural grass courts, the competition is set to be high and will bring some of the biggest names in international tennis to Mallorca ahead of the world-famous Wimbledon.
Last year the tournament saw Victoria Azarenka, Caroline Garcia, Angelique Kleber, Anastasija Sevastova, Carla Suárez Navarro, Shuai Zhang, Annett Kontaveit, Agnieszka Radwanska and many others. The tour is a WTA (women's tennis) only event, with no current plans to run a men's grass-court tournament in Spain.
Toni Nadal, Rafa Nadal's uncle and trainer, is the Tournament Director for the event and his famous nephew usually trains in the adjacent courts for Wimbledon while the competition takes place.
More Mallorca Insights...
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback