Bodegas Angel Vineyard offer wine tasting tours as well as lunch and dinner complimented by their excellent wines. The vineyard is situated in a tranquil location yet is easily accessible via the motorway.
The vineyard is located in the central wine-growing region of Mallorca in Santa Maria del Cami and has 20 hectares of French and Mallorcan vines. They have planted a diverse selection of vines, from the Mallorca Prensal Blanc (Moll) and Manto Negro to the French Viognier and Chardonnay for the white wine and Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon for the reds. At present there is a mix of young vines and vines that are over 50 years old, thus allowing the production of complex wines. Throughout the year these vines receive a lot of care. They are pruned, fertilized, weeded and yield controlled, to produce the optimal grape for harvesting.
Bodegas Angel first vintage was in 2008. The first wines were the Blanc de Blanca and Angel Negre. The vision was to make the best wine using local grapes blended with foreign varieties to create an expressive, enjoyable wine with an emphasis on its fruit flavours. Their wines soon received recognition in the local newspapers, national wine guides and international wine competitions.
Today the vineyard has an ample range of wines. They currently produce white wine, Blanc Noir, oaked white wine, rose wine, red wine and oaked red wine. Production has increased year on year and is now at 200,000 bottles per year, with their eventual target being 300,000 bottles per year. Thanks to their consistency and exportation, Bodegas Angel is increasingly becoming a recognised brand locally and internationally.
Expert guided tours are available at the vineyard throughout the year and offer a chance to visit the vineyards and the bodega installations with explanations of the wine making process. Tours are available in English, Spanish and German. You can choose between three types of tour:
- Tour and Tasting: You'll get to try three wines, Blanc de Blanca, Lau Rosa and Angel Negre
- Premium Wine Tasting: In addition to the tour you'll taste six wines, three standard Angel wines: Blanc de Blanca, Lau Rosa, Angel Negre and three Premium Angel wines: Viognier, Angel Syrah and Gran Seleccio Negre.
- Tours, Taste and Food: Trying various wines alongside an assortment of cheese, cured ham and crackers.
Lunches & Dinner with Complimentary Wines:
For groups of 10 or more, you can choose between three different menus and enjoy the various wines produced by the vineyard with your food. All menus included water, wine and soft drinks. The current menus are:
- Tapas Menu: Spanish omelet, potato salad, chicken and spinach croquets, al-bondigas (meatballs) in tomato sauce and Frito Mallorquin. Served with bread and oil. For dessert Gato de Almendra is offered.
- Paella Menu: Starter Jamon Iberico and Mahones cheese with bread, followed by Meat and Seafood Paella and finishing with Gato de Almendra.
- Road Sucking Pig Menu: Starter Jamon Iberico and Mahones cheese with bread, followed by Pork with crackling roasted in a wood oven and served with roast potatoes and salad. To finish there is Gato de Almendra.
Reservations are required for both the tours and the meals.
- Languages Spoken
- Parking on property
- Tours / Excursions
- Open Seasons
- Crta Santa Maria–Sencelles