This company organises a variety of wine-related trips and tours on the island of Mallorca, from private tours to open tasting events.
They have an excellent reputation for providing a friendly and informative service which make their wine tours some of the best in Mallorca.
They offer an extensive range of tours which can be be combined with a number of activities to make your trip extra bit special. Their tours include but are not limited to, a Palma Wine tour, a Gourmet Wine Tour, a Bike & Wine Tour, Sunset Boat Wine Tour and Helicopter Wine Tour!
Mallorca Wine Tours are based at the Bodega Jose L. Ferrer vineyard in Binissalem which has been run by the Ferrer family since 1931. They produce a variety of wine, red and rose wines.
To reach the vineyard in Binissalem the company can arrange transfers at an additional cost.
Mallorca in a fantastic place to discover wine as it has an excellent climate for growing vines. Indeed Mallorca was renowned for its vintages from the 14th century right up to the end of the 19th century, when the vines were set on by a plague of phylloxera. However, in the second half of the 20th century there has been a resurgence of the industry on the island. Using popular grape varieties, the latest techniques and planting methods the vineyards in Mallorca are now flourishing again and are exporting their produce all over the world.
What you can do
- Train Gourmet Tour: This 4hr tour visits two wineries, where you will have the chance to taste some of the area’s finest wines (red, white, rose and sweet wines). The wines will be accompanied by the best Jabugo jamón, cured cheeses, Mallorca sobrasada, coca de trampo, etc
- VIP Finca Experience: This new private tour will enable you to visit traditional Mallorquin Fincas which for centuries have been making their own wines. These Fincas have been handpicked for a unique experience in the Wine World. On request, a full meal can be prepared for you at one of the Fincas.
- Palma Wine Tour: This tour will guide you through the old town of Palma and its wonderful labyrinth of old cobbled streets. You will visit wine shops, typical Mallorcan restaurants and vintage bookshops set deep within the city walls. You will be tasting 8/10 different wines from the island accompanied by local tapas in four different tasting venues. The tour will take approximately 4 hours and will explain the method of winemaking here in Mallorca as well as some hidden secrets about the old town.
- Sunset Boat Wine Tour: You will visit one of the wineries of the above Gourmet Tour, tasting 8 of their best wines. After the tour they will take you to the Palma Marina where you will board their 25-metre sailing boat to enjoy the sea and the amazing sunsets. Activites include paddle surfing, windsurfing, snorkelling etc.Whilst sailing you will also get to taste more wines produced on the island accompanied by a delicious dinner.
- Wine Concert Tour: You'll start with the above mentioned Gourmet Tour, followed by a concert of your choice in either Jazz, Classical, Swing or Flamenco.
- Helicopter Premium Wine Tour: Visit Bodegas Vineyard and enjoy a stunning 50-60 minute pleasure flight over the UNESCO World Heritage Tramuntana Mountains before landing at the Winery. During the wine tasting, the producers will share with you the history and traditions of the Fincas. All the wines are accompanied with typical “tapas”, you will not need to lunch or dinner as plenty of fantastic food is included.
- Bike & Wine Tour: This Cycle Gourmet Tour will visit two wineries set under the Tramuntana mountains with spectacular scenery. You will cycle through country lanes, dirt roads and the heart of the beautiful vineyards. There are no mountains to climb only flat roads that lead to the vines and wineries. Bicycles will be provided for all levels and to your specific requirements. The bicycles will be brought to the starting point and from there you can ride anywhere between 5km and 17km depending on your level and choice.
- "We were two couples and had a wonderful afternoon and evening. Miriam from Mallorca Wine Tours did a great job. She is good in telling the story of the wine, and giving so nice service etc. The wine and the food is really good. We recommend Mallorca Wine Tours" - Trip Advsior
- "We arrived in Mallorca as the final stop on our Mediterranean Cruise and were completely blown away by our private wine tour with Paul. This was arguably the most memorable experience on our trip and that is saying quite a lot as we visited some of the highlights of Italy. We arrived on a Saturday with most of the standard vineyards being closed for the day. Miriam, Paul, and Julian arranged for us to have a picnic in a wide open vineyard followed by a wine tasting on their Wine Estate. Paul spent 3 hours with us and educated us in detail about the local varieties of wine. Our group of 4 was provided six different wines to share in addition to an abundance of local tapas to enjoy. This felt like one of the least "touristy" things that we did on the entire trip, particularly sampling wines and tapas in the dining room of their home. If you are visiting Mallorca, I implore you to participate in a Mallorca Wine Tour event!" - Trip Advsior
- "We couldn't recommend a private wine tour with Mallorca Wine Tours any more strongly. Extremely knowledgeable, fantastic wines, amazing home cooked food and the personal touch from Miriam. Just excellent. A fantastic experience that we would repeat again and will be recommending to friends and family." - Trip Advsior
- "We had a private tour which was fantastic. We were picked up at our own house by a driver and met our guide for the day, Miriam, by the Ribas Bodega. We had an excellent wine tasting with cheese and charcouterie and then moved on to a Finca where Miriam cooked us lunch. Miriam was extremely pleasent to be around and I would recommend this to anyone even remotely interested in learning more about wine and of course especially wine in Mallorca." - Trip Advsior
Level: Beginner | Intermediate | Advanced
Typical Duration: 1hr | 2 hours | Half day
Languages Spoken: English | German | Spanish
Activities: Tours / Excursions | Trains | Wine-tasting
Access: Children welcome
Car-parking: Parking on property
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Autumn
Address: Palma-Alcudia Road C/. Conquistador, 103 | Binissalem | 07350