Horse Riding Excursion, Sa Pobla
90mins horse riding excursion near the Albufera National Park
On the edge of the Albufera national park, the beautiful mountains of the Tramuntana make the perfect backdrop for rides of 90 minutes.
Suitable for all ages and abilities, you will trek on the fringes of the Albufera, on sandy tracks lined with reeds and wildflowers for 90 minutes.
The plains of Sa Pobla are a great spot to go riding, edged by beautiful mountains and the surrounding fields are planted with rice and vegetables.
Hipica Formentor is a riding stable between Sa Pobla and the bay of Alcudia which is easily reached from Can Picafort, Port Alcudia and Port Pollenca and is close to the motorway running from Palma to Alcudia.
It's a natural horse care stable, all of the horses are ridden barehoof and bitless and they are managed in an environment which reflects their natural state in the wild. This makes the horses particularly friendly and willing. They are a pleasure to ride for both beginners and experienced riders.
- "The horse riding stables are just outside Pollenca. We found the most Beautiful horses in relaxed and tranquil environment. The horses are loved and cared for and enjoyed our company. Excellent service and stunning scenery. Highly recommended." - Trip Advisor
- "Having never ridden before I can't compare with other riding experiences. However, I felt relaxed and welcome in the informal atmosphere. Lorenzo chose a horse for me knowing my lack of experience and she proved to be a perfect fit. I was on a four day riding break so there was time for practice in the ring before heading out for rides of between half an hour and two hours. I was offered a five hour trek into the mountains but wasn't sure my backside could take it! But I'll certainly try to come back for it. Hipica may not be for you if you are looking for the rigid formal approach - Lorenzo doesn't do formal! All in all, as a fairly adventurous 59 year old I couldn't have hoped for a better introduction." - Trip Advisor
- "This has been the most beautiful horseback ride i have ever made. Great horses which are suitable for total beginners and advanced riders as well. Horses are happy and so are the horse riders :-) will certainly come back!" - Trip Advisor
- "Recently returned from an amazing holiday experience at Hipica Formentor stables. I went on my own as a last min spontaneous booking for 5 days and can't wait to visit again. The riding is exhilirating and adventurous and the people most welcoming, friendly and great fun. It was so organised that I didn't have to worry about a thing from initial booking to being dropped off at the airport, but flexible in that all my needs and wants for the holiday and riding experience were met. The horses were happy, healthy, friendly and so playful and I rode the beautiful Gina who I instantly fell in love with. What a horse! I really loved learning about and riding bitless and barehoofed. It's like nothing I've ever experienced but the horses clearly love it, being relaxed and forward going. I had the chance to trek up the mountains to Lluc which was a complete eye opener to what these horses can really do and love to do! I recommend that ride alone to anyone who has a day or two to spare! Lorenzo, the fun and friendly stable owner, also arranged a ride to see the coves de campanet where we stopped for lunch and a tour. Again, an incredible experience and a ride I'd recommend as a day trip! These longer rides were staggered with some shorter adventures where the location is so beautiful each ride was a joy, and again I'd recommend if you only have an hour or two to spare. As a holiday though, I think I got the most out of the experience, looking after Gina for the week and exploring Pollença in the evenings (where I stayed with the wonderful Mary who has a horse at the stables). Mary took me to some local events which were incredible and a tour of the local area. I would urge anyone thinking about booking a holiday here to enquire! It was excellent value for money, comfortable accommodation and deliscious home cooked food! This experience really exceeded all my expectations and one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone, beginners and more advanced riders. It's down to Lorenzo's relaxed and trusting nature that I got to experience more than I think I typically would at other stables but I never felt even the slightest bit unsafe. Throw yourself in and you'll feel just the way I do - I can't wait to return! Thank you to all the wonderful people I met and friends I made!" - Trip Advisor
Children are welcome at the farm and they have horses especially suited to children.
- Families & Kids
- Children welcome
- Suppliers of
- Helmets / Protective wear
More Mallorca Insights...