Riding Trek to the Tramuntana Mountains from Sa Pobla
6-7 hours riding to Lluc with a lunch stop at Caimari
A full day's riding experience from Sa Pobla to Lluc, lunch with drinks and return transport to the stables.
Take an all-day picnic trek into the Tramuntana Mountains – a World Heritage Site, riding up from the stables in Sa Pobla through the plains and pretty villages into the mountains.
You will enjoy a picnic lunch taht has been prepared for you before coninuing to along tranquil wooded paths to the monastery in Lluc. After a drink at the monestery you will return by minibus to the stables.
Trips are only available from September through until May and generally run over lunchtime but can be arranged for the evenings in June, July and August
Hipica Formentor is a riding stable between Sa Pobla and the bay of Alcudia which is easily reached from Can Picafort, Port Alcudia and Port Pollenca and is close to the motorway running from Palma to Alcudia.
It's a natural horse care stable, all of the horses are ridden barehoof and bitless and they are managed in an environment which reflects their natural state in the wild. This makes the horses particularly friendly and willing. They are a pleasure to ride for both beginners and experienced riders.
- "The horse riding stables are just outside Pollenca. We found the most Beautiful horses in relaxed and tranquil environment. The horses are loved and cared for and enjoyed our company. Excellent service and stunning scenery. Highly recommended." - Trip Advisor
- "Having never ridden before I can't compare with other riding experiences. However, I felt relaxed and welcome in the informal atmosphere. Lorenzo chose a horse for me knowing my lack of experience and she proved to be a perfect fit. I was on a four day riding break so there was time for practice in the ring before heading out for rides of between half an hour and two hours. I was offered a five hour trek into the mountains but wasn't sure my backside could take it! But I'll certainly try to come back for it. Hipica may not be for you if you are looking for the rigid formal approach - Lorenzo doesn't do formal! All in all, as a fairly adventurous 59 year old I couldn't have hoped for a better introduction." - Trip Advisor
- "This has been the most beautiful horseback ride i have ever made. Great horses which are suitable for total beginners and advanced riders as well. Horses are happy and so are the horse riders :-) will certainly come back!" - Trip Advisor
- "Recently returned from an amazing holiday experience at Hipica Formentor stables. I went on my own as a last min spontaneous booking for 5 days and can't wait to visit again. The riding is exhilirating and adventurous and the people most welcoming, friendly and great fun. It was so organised that I didn't have to worry about a thing from initial booking to being dropped off at the airport, but flexible in that all my needs and wants for the holiday and riding experience were met. The horses were happy, healthy, friendly and so playful and I rode the beautiful Gina who I instantly fell in love with. What a horse!... Throw yourself in and you'll feel just the way I do - I can't wait to return! Thank you to all the wonderful people I met and friends I made!" - Trip Advisor
- Families & Kids
- Children welcome
- Suppliers of
- Helmets / Protective wear
More Mallorca Insights...