Palma’s San Juan Gastronomic Market (locally known as Mercado Gastronómico San Juan) is one of Mallorca’s many hidden treasures and definitely worth a trip for anyone and everyone who loves food. This place is located in Carrer de L’Emperadriu, in the north of Palma, within walkable distance or a short taxi-ride away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
There is an element of mystery when you arrive at what looks like an old deserted marketplace as the market was a former slaughterhouse built in 1905, but follow your nose and you will soon find a large outdoor terrace leading you to the indoor ‘Plaza Central’. As soon as you step inside, you will be instantly impressed by your surroundings.
More Mallorca Insights...
- 7 fantastic family beaches in Mallorca
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020