Discover the south western coast of Mallorca on a stand-up paddle board or Kayak where you can glide at your own pace and enjoy the stunning scenery. Alternatively explore the coasts underwater world and diverse marine wildlife by diving or snorkelling.
Zoea Mallorca are Watersports company specialising in diving, paddle boarding, kayaking and snorkelling. They have a fantastic reputation for providing quality equipment and excellent instruction.
Zoea qualified as a five star PADI dive centre thanks to their services and quality standards. They have a diving shop, fully equipped classrooms, changing rooms and showers for women and men, rinsing fresh water area, a workshop for revisions and torch charging station and a terrace for relaxing before and after diving. The dive centre and all their boats have Medic First Aid kits with Oxygen. A MEDISUB a Hiperbaric Chamber is only 20 minutes away.
Their courses include (see the qualifications section) introductory and beginners courses through to advanced courses where you can learn speciality and professional instructor or Divemaster qualifications.
Zoea offer both single and double Kayaks for rental so you can discover the beautiful coves and sandy beaches along this part of stunning coastline.
You can rent a single kayak from €12 per hour or a double one from €18. Just a short distance from Zoea Mallorca's base is the renowned marine reserve of the Malgrat Islands or if you want to go further a field you could also reach the El Toro marine reserve. This is a great way to combine sunshine, swimming, sport and beach time fun with family and friends.
Stand-up Paddle Boarding
The company offers paddle board rental from €12 for one hour, €20 for two hours or €26 for three hours so that you can explore Mallorca's western coast. It is a great way to explore as well a good form of exercise and it is very easy to get the hang of.
Just a short distance from Zoea Mallorca's base are the Malgrats Islands, a marine reserve of renowned beauty where you can paddle around the little islets. If you have the stamina and want to go far, you can reach the El Toro marine reserve, to the south-east. Alternatively to the north-west, you can travel to the Costa de la Calma, Cala Fornells, Cap Andrixol or even Port d' Andratx. Along all the routes are beautiful crystalline waters and sandy beaches.
Visit Mallorca's Marine Reserves and enjoy an hour of snorkelling, discovering the diverse marine wildlife around the island. For this activity, you meet at Zoea's Diving School, a dive master will give you a short briefing before you gear up and head out on a sailing boat to the Malgrats Marine Reserve. Here you'll be able to enjoy an hour of snorkelling before heading back to port. This activity is available everyday except Sundays between 16:00 - 19:00.
For further details and booking, contact the company directly using the enquiry link on this page or visit the website.
Discover Scuba Diving:
If you are looking for your first underwater experience then this is the course for you. Ideal for those who just want to try diving. Fun and safety guaranteed. The course involves a short theory introduction followed by a real sea dive to a depth of up to 8 metres, under strict supervision of a professional instructor.
To take part in this course, you need to be a competent swimmer and be 8 years or older. The course lasts 3 hours.
PADI Open Water Diver:
This is the basic course which all divers must take to be able to dive to a depth of 18 meters without an instructor. It take 3-5 days depending on whether you do the theory section in advance. It is available for those 10 or over.
The first step is to do the diving theory which involves 5 modules, you can choose to do this at the dive centre online in advance. Once the theory is completed you will do a confined water dive in a pool where you will learn how to use all the equipment as well as emergency procedures. Then you will progress to the sea where you will do do two dives at 12 metres followed by 2 dives that do not exceed 18 metres.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver:
This course will expand the knowledge from the basic Open Water course, increase your experience and technique when diving under certain special conditions. It is mainly practical and you will take an active part in planning your own dives, reviewing the use of dive computers and paying attention to certain special considerations for each of the 5 dives to be completed.
This course includes a total of 5 dives, each of which have different characteristics. Of these 5 dives 2 are compulsory to all students; Deep Diving and Navigation Dive. The 3 remaining dives are optional and these include : Dry Suit Diving, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Search and Recovery, Underwater Naturalist, Wreck Diving, Night Dive and Dive Propulsion Vehicle (DPV). The course takes between 2 - 5 days and divers must be over the age of 10.
PADI Rescue Diver:
Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
Previous requirements: be at least 12 years old, have at least the “Advanced Open Water Diver” certificate or an equivalent of any other diving organization, have at least 20 dives and completed the RCP and the First Aid course within the last two years.
This enriched air course teaches students to use this mix safely. You will also learn the advantages and disadvantages of diving with enriched air; how to avoid problems and what to do in case something goes wrong. As well as this, you will learn and try techniques like mix analysis, oxygen exposure control and advance RDP planning. The course takes normally two days (two half days). Has both theory and dive practice where you use all the knowledge under the supervision of your instructor. As with all PADI courses, you can choose to do the theory online. Before getting the certificate, you will need to pass a final test. To take part in this course you need to have completed the Open Water Diver or a similar qualification form another diving body, must be 12 years or older and bring one passport photo.
You can also choose to become a professional diver with a Divemaster course or an Instructor course. These courses are tailor made and vary in length depending on your availability. For full details visit Zoea's website.
- "Was fantastic! The staff were great! Very friendly and gave us wetsuits and were so helpful! We hope to go back! We had the best time! Was beautiful and a great day! Snorkelling in caves and seeing lots of fish!" - Trip Advisor
- "I completed OWD(Open Water Diver) training and two free dives at Zoea. It was fantastic experience! I was solo participant and grouped with other two people and we enjoyed our dives together at four different diving spots during the training. Boats were specially designed for divers and facilities and all the equipment was very nice and clean. Especially my instructor Jane was very professional. She handled minor troubles under the water effortlessly. Afterwards the two free dives as a qualified diver. We went to the best diving spot, which is called El-Toro. Knowledgeable dive master Art explained me and my diving buddy all the diving plan properly and guided very well under tough weather without any stress. You can see so many see lives and it was the hight light of my dives. Many thanks Zoea for my great dive experience. Recommend!!" - Trip Advisor
- " I'm an advanced padi diver but hadn't been for a few years. Patrick was our guide and he gave us a little hand signal refresher and explained everything. Dives were fun and we saw lots of fish life! I would go again but I am staying in Algaida and the taxi was €60 so couldn't really afford it again, dive prices very good! Roughly worked out at £65 for 2 dives plus all equipment hire!" - Trip Advisor
- "I really enjoyed myself during my AOWD and Nitrox training in September. The dive centre team is good mixture of nationalities, everyone is energetic and seems to be passionate about diving. They are safety conscious, very approachable and always with great sense of humour. Equipment I used was Mares. Briefings were thorough, water available on the boat and skipper (Maria) who was always helpful. Dives sites were good being El Toro, Dragonera and Malgrats. My instructors Danny and Flor were professional and I learnt a lot during my training dives. Fun dives were also good as groups were kept small." - Trip Advisor
- "First time scuba diving and so glad I did it. Adam and the others very professional and friendly. If any first timers want to try scuba I would highly recommend Zoea. I am sure I will go again if I visit Mallorca again." - Trip Advisor
- "I spent three days diving with ZOEA during a short break to Mallorca. The staff were all friendly & helpful and the equipment & facilities were great. Booking online in advance was straight forward too." - Trip Advisor
Location: Santa Ponsa
Catering Basis: Self-catered
Level: Beginner | Intermediate | Advanced | Family Friendly
Typical Duration: 1hr | 2 hours | 3 hours
Languages Spoken: English | French | German | Spanish
Activities: Canoeing / Kayaking | Snorkelling | Stand Up Paddleboard | Watersports
Access: Children welcome
Suppliers of: Equipment rental
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Autumn
Address: Club Naútico Santa Ponsa | Santa Ponsa | 07180