One of the most popular Mallorca festivals is La Patrona in Pollença, which is celebrated on the day dedicated to the Mare de Deu dels Angels, August 2nd
The highlight of the fiesta is the mock battle between the Moorish pirates (baddies) and the Christians (goodies) on the 2nd August and the fireworks that follow. Other traditional celebrations include the cossiers ball
But there is plenty more going on from concerts, children's entertainments, sporting exhibitions and demonstrations, markets and all night parties. See the web link for the programme (normally available the week before the event).
You can also find out more about La Patrona Fiesta in our report.
- Top 9 sunset hot spots in Mallorca for 2019
- Afternoon Tea "Miró-Style" at La Residencia
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Mallorca
- Celebrity-filled superyacht visits Mallorca
- Nikki Beach Champagne Brunch 2019 Review
- Tasty takeaway from Palma to your yacht