One of the most popular Mallorca festivals is La Patrona in Pollença, which is celebrated on the day dedicated to the Mare de Deu dels Angels, August 2nd
The highlight of the fiesta is the mock battle between the Moorish pirates (baddies) and the Christians (goodies) on the 2nd August and the fireworks that follow. Other traditional celebrations include the cossiers ball
But there is plenty more going on from concerts, children's entertainments, sporting exhibitions and demonstrations, markets and all night parties. See the web link for the programme (normally available the week before the event).
You can also find out more about La Patrona Fiesta in our report.
More Mallorca Insights...
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback