One of the most popular Mallorca festivals is La Patrona in Pollença, which is celebrated on the day dedicated to the Mare de Deu dels Angels, August 2nd
The highlight of the fiesta is the mock battle between the Moorish pirates (baddies) and the Christians (goodies) on the 2nd August and the fireworks that follow. Other traditional celebrations include the cossiers ball – unfortunately, 2020 won't see any of these events taking place.
But there is plenty more going on from concerts, children's entertainments, sporting exhibitions and demonstrations, markets and parties. See the web link for the programme (normally available the week before the event).
You can also find out more about La Patrona Fiesta in our report.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca