There are so many things to consider when starting to think about booking your holiday in Mallorca. Where will you stay? How are you going to get there? How much is it all going to cost? What's the best time to go? What's the weather going to be like? Is my suitcase going to be big enough for all my clothes?
A typical 'DIY' Booking Sequence will consist of ensuring that flights, accommodation and transfers are all booked effectively and efficiently. It's not always an easy or straightforward process but, if booked in the right order, there shouldn't be too many problems at a later stage. The following is a guide which may assist the independent traveller when booking:
- Select dates and research a few resorts.
- Check prices, times and availability of flights to the resorts of interest.
- Decide on the standard and type of accommodation you are after (hotels, villas, or self-catered apartments), or check out Last Minute Offers, then enquire about accommodation cost and availability.
- Get an 'option' held for your accommodation before booking flights. Accommodation providers will normally give you a timeframe in which to decide on and then confirm your reservation.
- Arrange transport that will get you to and from the resort of your choice. You could select to hire a car, take a taxi, use a local airport transfer company or the public bus service which run frequently to the resort during the day.