Twenty-eight years ago, a group of professional and amateur musicians came together under the name ‘Paramusical Workshop' and began performing concerts in Llucalcari and the Deià church. This marked the humble beginnings of what is today known as the Deià International Music Festival. The quality and quantity of the guest artists have been growing steadily ever since.
The festival started with a vocal ensemble formed by people from the village of Deià performing with musicians from the Balearic Symphony Orchestra. Almost every artist from the islands has since been given the opportunity to take part, performing at the Son Marroig Country House. Those attending have also had the pleasure of listening to well-known guest artists from many locations around the world.
The concerts begin at 20:30 or, in July and August, slightly later at 21:00. Please see their website (link above) for the full summer programme.
- Diseminado Valldemossa Cr 13
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca