Young Hollywood stars Shailene Woodley and Felicity Jones have landed in Mallorca to film their latest flick, 'The Last Letter From Your Lover', based on Jojo Moyes' book.
The book tells the story of two couples, one living in 1960 and the other one in 2003, and has been an international bestseller translated into 33 languages. Also part of the cast are Joe Alwyn, Callum Turner, Nabhaan Rizwan and Ncuti Gatwa, while director Augustine Frizzell, who came to the island to scout for locations last September, will be behind the cameras.
Filming began in the Serra de Tramuntana today, October 14th, and will continue in the UK afterwards. Mallorca will double as the French Riviera, where some scenes from the book are set. Both actresses, as well as Alwyn, widely known among the general public for his relationship with pop icon Taylor Swift, have landed on the island and are staying at the luxury Hotel Formentor, which will actually be one of the film's locations.
More Mallorca Insights...
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020