This hotel offers an unforgettable stay on the romantic and famous Formentor headland (Pollença, Mallorca), enjoying unforgettable views of the bay. Ideal for guests who are looking for an idyllic and peaceful place to stay.
The hotel stands in an extraordinary setting of exceptional natural beauty on Mallorca's stunning Northern peninsula. Situated on the beach, it has amazing Mediterranean gardens and stunning sea views.
The two restaurants are renowned for outstanding cuisine and excellent service; you can choose between an à la carte grill or an al fresco beach restaurant.
The hotel also offers facilities for meetings and outdoor sports; Barceló Formentor was chosen to host the first ever ECC summit and corporate guests can be sure of fine service and excellent facilities.
The 1200 hectare estate includes two swimming pools with surrounding sun terraces and acres of secluded landscaped gardens overlooking one of the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean.
- 300 metres from the beach
- 70 kilometres from the centre of Palma de Mallorca
- 75 kilometres from the Airport
25 verified reviews by
El Pi restaurant. Known throughout the Island for its fine food and service.
Who should go
A fantastic experience for any traveller, group or family.
Two outdoor pools - one is heated in cooler weather.
L'Illa Piano Bar - relax in the garden or inside at this bar, not only offering refreshing drinks throughout the day but also light snacks.
La Veranda - Situated on the large terrace overlooking the sea, La Veranda serves delicious dishes with home made produce and local specialities.
El Colomer - Open for breakfast and dinner, this restaurant does either buffet style or an a la carte menu of both international and Mediterranean dishes.
Platja Mar - Right on the beach front with great views over the bay, this restaurant specialises in Mediterranean cuisine. Fresh meat and fish cooked right in front of you, alongside a delicious buffet to accompany.
El Pi - Well reputed on the Island, El Pi offers exceptional dining in a beautiful environment. Classic and creative cuisine which is a delight for the senses.
L'Espigo - On the beach front this buffet style restaurant offers convenience and ease for any snack or meal.
It is worth noting that a dress code applies for the restaurants.
- "Old-style accommodation dripping with history and set in beautiful gardens." - Conde Nast Traveller
- "Set in luxuriant gardens and overlooking an excellent beach." - The Independent
- "One of the most famous (hotels) in the Balearic Islands, having hosted everyone from Sir Winston Churchill to Charlie Chaplin... It lies next to one of the island's best beaches. The hotel is a year-round destination, unlike many other island resorts that close in winter. Its chefs deserve high praise for their combination of international and Mediterranean cuisine... Guest rooms are beautifully styled, comfortably furnished, and well maintained, coming in a variety of sizes and shapes." - Frommers
Check-in Time: Between 14:00 and 00:00 midnight
Check-out Time: From 12:00 noon until 12:30
One child under 2 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib.
The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 1.
- Playa De Formentor 3 Pollensa 07470 Spain