Montuiri diversified somewhat from the traditional agricultural activities of Mallorca and developed a quail farming industry, which also distributes partridges and pheasants. This led to the town becoming a centre for game shooting which in turn brought the Fira de la Perdiu (Partridge Fair).
Celebrated in early December, the fair is preceded by several days of festivities. The fair itself happens on Sunday 1st, with a market selling local produce, animals and, of course, partridge.
Click on the website link to see the programme.
More Mallorca Insights...
- What's on in Mallorca December 2019
- Michelin stars 2020 in Mallorca
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma