Palmanova hosts one of the most prestigious amateur chess open competitions in Europe.
Swiss system, 9 rounds. 90 minutes for 40 plays plus 15 minutes for the rest of the game. Most of the games start at 20:00. IM Juan Mellado will be at the disposal of the players who want to analyse their games with him.
Anyone with a <2350 Elo FIDE rating on October 1st, 2019 can participate, as long as they don't have an IM or GM title. To sign up, use the Enquire link (€120 with discounts for under 14).
- C/ Diego Salvà Lezaún 2
More Mallorca Insights...
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Best 11 restaurants for groups in Mallorca 2019
- Mallorca to host men's ATP tour event in 2020
- Top 10 fine restaurants in Mallorca in 2019