Palmanova hosts one of the most prestigious amateur chess open competitions in Europe.
Swiss system, 9 rounds. 90 minutes for 40 plays plus 15 minutes for the rest of the game. Most of the games start at 20:00. IM Juan Mellado will be at the disposal of the players who want to analyse their games with him.
Anyone with a <2350 Elo FIDE rating on October 1st, 2019 can participate, as long as they don't have an IM or GM title. To sign up, use the Enquire link (€120 with discounts for under 14).
- C/ Diego Salvà Lezaún 2
More Mallorca Insights...
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca
- The Van Mallorca SuppER CluB 2020 Review
- What's on in Mallorca in February 2020?
- Mallorca's new food & fun hub opens May 2020
- See Mallorca's almond blossoms in 2020
- Mallorca in January 2020 - What's on & what to do