Palmanova hosts one of the most prestigious amateur chess open competitions in Europe.
Swiss system, 9 rounds. 90 minutes for 40 plays plus 15 minutes for the rest of the game. Most of the games start at 20:00. IM Juan Mellado will be at the disposal of the players who want to analyse their games with him.
Anyone with a <2350 Elo FIDE rating can participate, as long as they don't have an IM or GM title. To sign up, check out the website.
- C/ Diego Salvà Lezaún 2
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy, organic & eco eating in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca