Starting on June 1st, two intrepid stand up paddle board enthusiasts, Cat Friend and Valerie Bisbal will attempt a circumnavigation of Mallorca. They’ll brave rough seas, local wildlife, boisterous tourists and the Mediterranean sun in an effort to raise €10,000 for Marine Conservation in the Balearics.
They’ll mount their paddle boards in Sóller, on the northwest coast, and go clockwise around the island attempting to cover upwards of 30km of coastline a day, hoping to complete the task in a mere 21 days. They will be carrying between 15-20kg of supplies and equipment on board but will meet up regularly with their supply vehicle to top up. Especially with fresh water, they anticipate they’ll need up to 5l a day.
Cat and Valerie are planning to camp along the way, so their route has been carefully devised to take this into account. The planning has had to be meticulous, especially around the north of the island where the coastline is particularly rugged and remote, with few places to come ashore.
More Mallorca Insights...
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback