Botanicactus is one of Europe's largest botanical gardens, with bamboo and palm trees and dozens of varieties of cactus.
These gardens were opened in 1989 in Ses Salines because of the scarcity of rains in the area. The centre of the garden is full of cacti, surrounded by Mediterranean species. There is also a selection of tropical plants with a lake.
The cacti flourish in the dry and sunny climate and the landscape has been specifically designed to protect the plants, with the creation of the artificial lake and raised terraces protecting the plants from the wind.
- "Very nice botanical garden. We visited by mid-October and the cactus were impressive. It's really worth spending time there!" - Trip Advisor
- "Attraction has grown from a private garden into a spectacular estate with hilly walkways containing an extensive collection of cacti and succulents and a lakeside meander along a pampus planted pathway. Access from Ses Salines was good, car parking excellent with the attraction supported by basic onsite facilities. Will definitely return in late Spring when the flowers are out." - Trip Advisor
- "Me and my husband found this place by accident - travelling around island of Mallorca in august 2012. Have never been in a place like this so for the first time it was quite impressive even though the heat was hardly bearable (entered the site around midday) to see all this huge collection plants. Would definitely recommend it to a friend." - Trip Advisor
When to come
Open every day:
- January & February - 10:30 to 16:30
- March - 09:00 to 18:30
- April to August - 09:00 to 19:30
- Septemner & October - 09:00 to 19:00
- November & December -10:30 to 16:30
How to get passes
Tickets cost 11€, reduced for children 6 to 12 years old, and free for children under 6.
- Carretera Ses Salines-Santanyí km 1