This is a fiesta for Mallorca's coastal villages. The celebration of the virgin starts with an evening mass procession with local people carrying a statue of the virgin, the patron of fishermen, to the port where the statue is taken aboard a boat that has been decorated for the fiesta.
This boat is followed out to sea by a procession of similarly adorned fishing boats.
These processions can be seen in many of Majorca's ports including Cala Rajada, Port de Pollenca, Port de Soller, Cala Bona, Coll d'en Rebassa, Cala Figuera, Porto Cristo & Portcolom.
More Mallorca Insights...
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca
- The Van Mallorca SuppER CluB 2020 Review
- What's on in Mallorca in February 2020?
- Mallorca's new food & fun hub opens May 2020
- See Mallorca's almond blossoms in 2020
- Mallorca in January 2020 - What's on & what to do