This is a fiesta for Mallorca's coastal villages. The celebration of the virgin starts with an evening mass procession with local people carrying a statue of the virgin, the patron of fishermen, to the port where the statue is taken aboard a boat that has been decorated for the fiesta.
This boat is followed out to sea by a procession of similarly adorned fishing boats.
These processions can be seen in many of Majorca's ports including Cala Rajada, Port de Pollenca, Port de Soller, Cala Bona, Coll d'en Rebassa, Cala Figuera, Porto Cristo & Portcolom.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Best 11 restaurants for groups in Mallorca 2019
- Mallorca to host men's ATP tour event in 2020
- Top 10 fine restaurants in Mallorca in 2019