Mercat de l'Olivar is much more than a traditional market. Located in the centre of Palma's old town, it's been at the heart of the city's daily life for over 65 years providing fresh, local produce to Mallorca's dwellers and visitors.
The market has also known how to adapt to new times, expanding its offer and services. Fully renovated in 2003, the Mercat de l'Olivar has retained its historical features but adapted to contemporary needs. Not only can you find here the best Mallorcan produce, from fruit & veg to meat, fish, cheese, freshly baked pastries, nuts, sweets and flowers; there are also several bars and food stalls within the building serving tapas, drinks, oysters, sushi, cakes and local cuisine, a great place to stop for lunch or a snack and mingle with the locals.
We talked to Juan Carlos Moll, the market's manager, to know more about this wonderful establishment that's been a meeting point for Mallorquins and tourists alike for decades, as well as the place to come for the freshest local produce on the island.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Mallorca to host men's ATP tour event in 2020
- Top 10 fine restaurants in Mallorca in 2019
- Mallorca in Europe's top 10 destinations 2019
- Calo des Moro, smoke & alcohol-free beach
- Organic & healthy eating in Mallorca in 2019
- International visitors flock to Palma in 2019