Mercat de l'Olivar is much more than a traditional market. Located in the centre of Palma's old town, it's been at the heart of the city's daily life for over 65 years providing fresh, local produce to Mallorca's dwellers and visitors.
The market has also known how to adapt to new times, expanding its offer and services. Fully renovated in 2003, the Mercat de l'Olivar has retained its historical features but adapted to contemporary needs. Not only can you find here the best Mallorcan produce, from fruit & veg to meat, fish, cheese, freshly baked pastries, nuts, sweets and flowers; there are also several bars and food stalls within the building serving tapas, drinks, oysters, sushi, cakes and local cuisine, a great place to stop for lunch or a snack and mingle with the locals.
We talked to Juan Carlos Moll, the market's manager, to know more about this wonderful establishment that's been a meeting point for Mallorquins and tourists alike for decades, as well as the place to come for the freshest local produce on the island.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020
- Where's The Mallorca Files filmed? - A guide to the show's locations
- Top 11 Mallorca wedding venues for 2020
- Mallorca in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca