16th July is a day celebrated by fishermen. This feast day is celebrated in all the coastal towns and villages, and some of the best celebrations are held in Port de Pollença.
Priests come to bless the fishing boats with pictures of the Virgin Carmen, whilst the local people decorate the boats with flowers and lanterns making a pretty scene. Garlands are thrown into the water to commemorate those who lost their lives at sea and thanks are given to the Virgin Carmen for keeping others safe.
Click on the website link for the programme of events (available a few days before the event). Look out for the concerts at the weekends, and the correfoc (fire run) and fireworks on the final night.
If you are on the island in the middle of July you can head to any one of the ports or harbours in Mallorca and join in the festivities.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020
- Where's The Mallorca Files filmed? - A guide to the show's locations
- Top 11 Mallorca wedding venues for 2020
- Mallorca in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca