16th July is a day celebrated by fishermen. This feast day is celebrated in all the coastal towns and villages, and some of the best celebrations are held in Port de Pollença.
Priests come to bless the fishing boats with pictures of the Virgin Carmen, whilst the local people decorate the boats with flowers and lanterns making a pretty scene. Garlands are thrown into the water to commemorate those who lost their lives at sea and thanks are given to the Virgin Carmen for keeping others safe.
Click on the website link for the programme of events (available a few days before the event). Look out for the concerts at the weekends, and the correfoc (fire run) and fireworks on the final night.
If you are on the island in the middle of July you can head to any one of the ports or harbours in Mallorca and join in the festivities.
- Top 9 sunset hot spots in Mallorca for 2019
- Afternoon Tea "Miró-Style" at La Residencia
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Mallorca
- Celebrity-filled superyacht visits Mallorca
- Nikki Beach Champagne Brunch 2019 Review
- Tasty takeaway from Palma to your yacht