Trotting is a form of racing in which the jockey sits in a small cart behind the horse and must prevent the horse from breaking into a gallop. It has been popular in Majorca and Menorca for at least 200 years.
Europe's first floodlit trotting racecourse opened in 1965 in Mallorca. Trotting races (Carreres) are held around a 1 km track. If you go to a race meeting, remember that betting is an essential part of the process.
Read about our own visit to Palma's trotting race track, the Hipodrom Som Pardo.
- Carretera Palma-Manacor km 48
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca
- Top 11 celebrities to spot in Mallorca this summer
- Best 10 restaurants in Mallorca with sea views
- Safe beaches in Mallorca this summer 2020
- 7 fantastic family beaches in Mallorca
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do