Twice a year, the sun casts an image of the rose window that presides over the main altar in Palma Cathedral on the opposite wall, just under another rose window, the one that decorates the main façade. Thus, for a short period of time, two tangential rosettes can be seen, one made of glass and the other made of light, forming a figure of eight.
Palma Cathedral has the largest original Gothic rose window in the world. The effect happens on November 11th (the Feast of Sant Martin) and February 2nd (the Feast of La Candelaria) each year.
Visit the Cathedral on these days in the morning, at around 08:00-08:30, to witness the effect yourself.
Dates for this event
- Plaza de la Seu s/n
More Mallorca Insights...
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Best 11 restaurants for groups in Mallorca 2019
- Mallorca to host men's ATP tour event in 2020