The coastline at Can Picafort has become a new hotspot for art lovers. Artist Joan Bennassar has set up four sculptural groups of 'goddesses' on the resort's shores and in the sea for visitors to enjoy.
These sculptures are part of a wider cultural programme named "Can Picafort, la nueva Itaca del Mediterrani" (Can Picafort, the Mediterranean's new Ithaca).
This reference to the Greek island draws connections with Homer's Odyssey because the project aims at creating a sense of awe in visitors to Can Picafort, similar to what Ulysses felt when arriving at Ithaca. It will be complete with an exhibition of paintings by the same artist in the town's church, as well as a new art festival.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy, organic & eco eating in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca