The coastline at Can Picafort has become a new hotspot for art lovers. Artist Joan Bennassar has set up four sculptural groups of 'goddesses' on the resort's shores and in the sea for visitors to enjoy.
These sculptures are part of a wider cultural programme named "Can Picafort, la nueva Itaca del Mediterrani" (Can Picafort, the Mediterranean's new Ithaca).
This reference to the Greek island draws connections with Homer's Odyssey because the project aims at creating a sense of awe in visitors to Can Picafort, similar to what Ulysses felt when arriving at Ithaca. It will be complete with an exhibition of paintings by the same artist in the town's church, as well as a new art festival.
- Top 9 sunset hot spots in Mallorca for 2019
- Afternoon Tea "Miró-Style" at La Residencia
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Mallorca
- Celebrity-filled superyacht visits Mallorca
- Nikki Beach Champagne Brunch 2019 Review
- Tasty takeaway from Palma to your yacht