The prestigious Evolution! Mallorca International Film Festival ended last Saturday with an awards ceremony at Palma's San Juan Gastronomic Market. More than 80 films were screened in ten days at this year's edition, which hosted Danny DeVito as special guest star.
The prize for best short film was granted to 'Breathe' while local production 'La llave de Dalí' was chosen as best feature-length documentary. Evolution! Film Festival also gave an award to the best film set in the Balearic islands, the German 'Dusky Paradise'.
Tarek Halaby ('Hotel Problemski') and Lilith Stangenberg ('Wild') won in the best feature-length actor and actress categories, while David Margulies ('Curmudgeons') and Laura Tonke ('On the beach') were selected in the short film section.
This year's colourful Miro-esque statuettes were designed by Mallorcan artist Gustavo Peñalver. Congratulations to all the winners!
More Mallorca Insights...
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020
- Where's The Mallorca Files filmed? - A guide to the show's locations
- Top 11 Mallorca wedding venues for 2020
- Mallorca in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca