Netflix has just started shooting its newest comedy 'Turn Up Charlie' on the island of Mallorca. Starring Idris Elba, it tells the story of "a failed DJ trying to relaunch his career while working as a nanny for his superstar best friend's wild child 11-year-old daughter."
Co-created by Elba and producer Gary Reich, the web show will have eight 30-minute episodes. Also starring are Piper Perabo from 'Coyote Bar', JJ Feild, and Frankie Hervey.
The crew will be filming in Mallorca for two weeks, mostly in private locations. They've also hired 300 local extras to play the part of clubbers at a party scene that they will shoot next Friday, 27th July.
Idris Elba is more than well-suited for the role of Charlie as he's been DJing for years. You can dance to his particular take on house music this summer on the neighbouring island of Ibiza, where he hosts his Studio 7 party every Sunday at the exclusive Lio restaurant and club.
- Top 9 sunset hot spots in Mallorca for 2019
- Afternoon Tea "Miró-Style" at La Residencia
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Mallorca
- Celebrity-filled superyacht visits Mallorca
- Nikki Beach Champagne Brunch 2019 Review
- Tasty takeaway from Palma to your yacht