Els Calderers is a manor house situated between Vilafranca and Sant Joan. The house was once at the centre of a large wine estate but like so many others in Mallorca, it fell victim to the phylloxera disease. Reopened in 1993, the 18th-century house is now a museum of Mallorcan furniture and traditions. Set in beautiful countryside, this is a lovely place to spend a few hours.
The history of the Els Calderers estate can be traced back to the year 1285, when the manor is mentioned in historic records for the first time as belonging to the Calderers family. In the 18th century the noble family Verí bought the entire estate. The present imposing main building was probably built from 1750 on and continuously expanded until the early 19th century.
You can visit the wine cellar, granary, bakery, chapel and wash-house, as well as wander around the main house with its paintings, guns and toys. A selection of farm animals are housed in the out buildings and there are pretty gardens to wander through.
- Meeting Spaces
- Top 9 sunset hot spots in Mallorca for 2019
- Afternoon Tea "Miró-Style" at La Residencia
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Mallorca
- Celebrity-filled superyacht visits Mallorca
- Nikki Beach Champagne Brunch 2019 Review
- Tasty takeaway from Palma to your yacht