The monastery in Miramar can be found close to Valldemossa on the road to Deia. It was founded by King Jaume II in 1276 as a missionary school following a request by Ramon Llull (a 13th-century theologian and philosopher).
The Archduke Ludwig Salvadore of Austria (1847 - 1915) bought the property in 1872 after falling in love with the scenery of the western coast of Mallorca.
At present, Miramar is owned by the Vives family. There is a small museum where visitors can view objects, documents and works of art relating to the worlds of Llull and the Archduke. A garden with beautiful views to the sea can also be enjoyed by visitors.
- Diseminado Miramar 1
More Mallorca Insights...
- Where's The Mallorca Files filmed? - A guide to the show's locations
- Top 11 Mallorca wedding venues for 2020
- Mallorca in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca
- The Van Mallorca SuppER CluB 2020 Review
- What's on in Mallorca in February 2020?