Can Planes Museum of Contemporary Art is located in sa Pobla in the north of Mallorca. It occupies the ground floor of the old manor house Can Planes that was refurbished and modified in 1998. It's permanent collection is composed of over a hundred works by artists living in Mallorca.
The collection covers all styles and techniques of contemporary artistic (painting, sculpture, engraving etc.) mostly made between 1975 and 1996 - a particularly intense period in the evolution of innovative contemporary art in the Balearic Islands.
Courses and workshops are held in annexes to the main building, and the museum organises a variety of courses and seminars. Additionally, a Toy Museum is located on the upper floors of the museum.
- Carrer Antoni Maura 6
More Mallorca Insights...
- May: What's On & Weather in Mallorca 2021
- June: What's On & Weather in Mallorca 2021
- Fiestas, Festivals & Fairs 2021 in Mallorca
- Michelin stars 2021 in Mallorca
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca