This small museum of religious and historical antefacts is based in a wing of the former episcopal palace tucked behind the cathedral.
The bishop's palace, located right behind the cathedral, was originally built in the 13th century. Although its main style is Gothic, it has undergone various renovations throughout the centuries that have changed its initial image.
Among the paintings, pulpits and prayer books are splendid Arab tapestries, a collection of ceramics spanning five centuries and a 17th-century painting of baby Jesus carrying a cross. Look out for the portrait of St George (Sant Jordi) with medieval Palma in the background.
- Calle Mirador 5
More Mallorca Insights...
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020
- Where's The Mallorca Files filmed? - A guide to the show's locations
- Top 11 Mallorca wedding venues for 2020
- Mallorca in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca