The Caves of Campanet are situated in the north of Mallorca in the foothills of the Tramuntana mountains. The caves cover a surface area of approximately 3,200 square metres at a depth of 50 metres
You can take a tour, which lasts about 40 minutes, that follows a pathway through different passages and chambers, some of which have small water pools.These chambers are known by such romantic names as Sala Romántica (the Romantic Chamber), Sala del Lago (the Lake Chamber), Castillo Encantado (Enchanted Castle), Sala de la Palmera (the Palm Tree Chamber), Cascada Sonora (Musical Waterfall) etc.
The caves are noted for the fineness and richness of their calcareous deposits in the form of stalactites and stalagmites. The caves have inspired painters such as Casimir Tarrassó who dedicated a series of signed oils to them in 1948; and poets such as Bartomeu Guasp i Gelabert who composed the ode "Caves of Sant Miquel" (1949).
They are open every day from 10am.
- Indoor Activities
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy, organic & eco eating in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca