Hit Mallorca is set to be Palma's new hot spot for fun-seeking locals and tourists. Located near the city's airport, in what used to be the Teatro Es Fogueró, it will attract culture vultures and foodies alike.
The former 30,000m2 theatre is currently being transformed to make space for a 700m2 main room and a 370m2 amphitheatre which will host shows, theatre plays and live music, with VIP rooms and private areas available. At night, the main room will turn into a huge club hosting the best DJs in the world. The building will be surrounded by lush gardens.
However, it's probably this project's culinary offering that's drawing all the attention. There'll be a restaurant and a large al-fresco dining terrace, both of which will be managed by 12-Michelin-starred chef Martín Berasategui. The menus he's devised for his first eatery in Mallorca will be a combination of his roots, the Basque cuisine that's made him world-famous, and the island's fresh produce. The multi-awarded chef is opening another restaurant in Palma's gastronomic neighbourhood, Santa Catalina, this summer.
Hit Mallorca will open its doors at the end of May 2020.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Where's The Mallorca Files filmed? - A guide to the show's locations
- Top 11 Mallorca wedding venues for 2020
- Mallorca in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca
- The Van Mallorca SuppER CluB 2020 Review
- What's on in Mallorca in February 2020?