The single's final of the 2019 WTA Mallorca Open, the women's tennis championship at Santa Ponça Tennis Club, took place yesterday. US player Sofia 'Sonya' Kenin claimed the title for herself after a challenging game, ending at 6-7, 7-6 and 6-4.
This is Kenin's second WTA title, after winning at Hobart in January, and has made her number 30 in the world. Kirsten Flipkens and Johana Larsson were the winners in the doubles' championship
This year, some of the most important players in the world flew to Mallorca to take part in the grass-court tournament, including Maria Sharapova, Angelique Kerber, Caroline García and Viktoria Azarenka. Sharapova reappeared at this tournament after an injury that kept her away from the courts for five months, and was beaten by Kerber before the quarterfinals.
More Mallorca Insights...
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020