Santa Ponça is getting reading to commemorate the successful landing and conquering of the Moors by King Jaume I in 1229 with eleven days of festivities.
From the 30th of August to the 9th of September 2018, Santa Ponça will celebrate its annual fiesta of the King with music, dancing and theatre. On the 10th of September 789 years ago, Jaume I disembarked along the coast at Santa Ponça with 15,000 men and 1,500 horses to reconquer the island from the Moors. This historic event played a huge part in shaping the island into what it is today and the reenactment of the king's landing is one of the highlights of the week.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Best 11 restaurants for groups in Mallorca 2019