Santa Ponça is getting reading to commemorate the successful landing and conquering of the Moors by King Jaume I in 1229 with eleven days of festivities.
From the 30th of August to the 9th of September 2018, Santa Ponça will celebrate its annual fiesta of the King with music, dancing and theatre. On the 10th of September 789 years ago, Jaume I disembarked along the coast at Santa Ponça with 15,000 men and 1,500 horses to reconquer the island from the Moors. This historic event played a huge part in shaping the island into what it is today and the reenactment of the king's landing is one of the highlights of the week.
More Mallorca Insights...
- 7 fantastic family beaches in Mallorca
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020