Poet and author Robert Graves (1895-1985) lived in Deià, Mallorca, from 1929 until his death. He is buried in the churchyard on the hill next to the church.
The English poet and novelist first moved here with his mistress Laura Riding and returned in 1946 with his second wife. Muses followed, friends came to stay, and before long Deià had established a reputation as a foreign artists' colony.
Graves' house in Deià was acquired by the Fundació Robert Graves and has been refurbished and adapted for visitors. The tour begins with a video before visitors explore the house and gardens.
- Carretera Deià a Sóller s/n
More Mallorca Insights...
- Safe beaches in Mallorca this summer 2020
- 7 fantastic family beaches in Mallorca
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020