Poet and author Robert Graves (1895-1985) lived in Deià, Mallorca, from 1929 until his death. He is buried in the churchyard on the hill next to the church.
The English poet and novelist first moved here with his mistress Laura Riding and returned in 1946 with his second wife. Muses followed, friends came to stay, and before long Deià had established a reputation as a foreign artists' colony.
Graves' house in Deià was acquired by the Fundació Robert Graves and has been refurbished and adapted for visitors. The tour begins with a video before visitors explore the house and gardens.
- Carretera Deià a Sóller s/n
More Mallorca Insights...
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca
- The Van Mallorca SuppER CluB 2020 Review
- What's on in Mallorca in February 2020?
- Mallorca's new food & fun hub opens May 2020
- See Mallorca's almond blossoms in 2020
- Mallorca in January 2020 - What's on & what to do