Poet and author Robert Graves (1895-1985) lived in Deià, Mallorca, from 1929 until his death. He is buried in the churchyard on the hill next to the church.
The English poet and novelist first moved here with his mistress Laura Riding and returned in 1946 with his second wife. Muses followed, friends came to stay, and before long Deià had established a reputation as a foreign artists' colony.
Graves' house in Deià was acquired by the Fundació Robert Graves and has been refurbished and adapted for visitors. The tour begins with a video before visitors explore the house and gardens.
- Carretera Deià a Sóller s/n
More Mallorca Insights...
- Healthy, organic & eco holidays in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca
- Top 11 celebrities to spot in Mallorca this summer