Poet and author Robert Graves (1895-1985) lived in Deià, Mallorca, from 1929 until his death. He is buried in the churchyard on the hill next to the church.
The English poet and novelist first moved here with his mistress Laura Riding and returned in 1946 with his second wife. Muses followed, friends came to stay, and before long Deià had established a reputation as a foreign artists' colony.
Graves' house in Deià was acquired by the Fundació Robert Graves and has been refurbished and adapted for visitors. The tour begins with a video before visitors explore the house and gardens.
- Carretera Deià a Sóller s/n
More Mallorca Insights...
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do