The Ermita de Betlem was founded in 1805 by the monks of Saint Honoratus, Randa and the Holy Trinity of Valldemossa. The church has a solar clock and a rose window, and lies at the end of a cypress tree-lined driveway.
The church was designed by architect Joan Rosselló, and inside there are sculptures by Adrià Ferran and a vault decorated with frescoes by Francesc Parietti.
The hermitage is completed by orchards, a fountain and outbuildings (including an ancient water-mill) that allowed the monks to live self-sufficiently.
Due to the steep climb to reach the chapel, and the wonderful views, it is very popular with cyclists and hikers.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca