The Ermita de Betlem was founded in 1805 by the monks of Saint Honoratus, Randa and the Holy Trinity of Valldemossa. The church has a solar clock and a rose window, and lies at the end of a cypress tree-lined driveway.
The church was designed by architect Joan Rosselló, and inside there are sculptures by Adrià Ferran and a vault decorated with frescoes by Francesc Parietti.
The hermitage is completed by orchards, a fountain and outbuildings (including an ancient water-mill) that allowed the monks to live self-sufficiently.
Due to the steep climb to reach the chapel, and the wonderful views, it is very popular with cyclists and hikers.
More Mallorca Insights...
- July 2020 in Mallorca - What weather to expect & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020