S'Albufereta de Pollensa is a wetland nature reserve in the north of the island, however, it is largely private property. Visitors can drive along the main road from Pollenca to Alcudia to view the habitats.
A mixed habitat of fresh and salt water, as well as scrubland and pines, the reserve is a stopping point for migratory birds and is a nesting area for birds such as the Eleonora falcon, osprey, marsh harrier, stilt sandpiper, yellow wagtail and the purple gallinule. It is also home to over 300 species of plant life, some of them endemic.
It covers a surface of 211 hectares, and it was declared a nature reserve in 2001. When visiting, you need to remain on marked paths and trails at all times and bear in mind that animals are not allowed and that you cannot remove plants or disturb the animals.
- Bird Watching
- Carretera Alcudia
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca