The Procession of the Blessed takes place in Palma de Mallorca and celebrates the beatification of Saint Catalina Tomàs. She was born in the northwest Mallorcan region of Valldemossa in 1531 and died at Palma's Santa Magdalena convent in 1574.
The day features a special sermon in the Santa Maria Magdalena church and a colourful parade of floats and musicians in the evening. The streets of Palma are also filled with colour during its traditional Triumphal Chariot parade, accompanied by demons, bigheaded festival figures and xeremiers.
The parade starts in Paseo Mallorca and turns into Jaume III through La Rambla and ending at the church of Santa Magdalena. Traditional dancing in front of the church completes the celebrations.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020
- Where's The Mallorca Files filmed? - A guide to the show's locations
- Top 11 Mallorca wedding venues for 2020
- Mallorca in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca