The Festes de Sant Bartomeu in Montuïri run for a couple of weeks in August and has a pretty packed schedule.
The famous male dancing 'cossiers' tour around the town accompanied by the devil and a woman (actually a man in disguise). The men are dressed in brightly coloured clothes and wear unusual hats. The ceremony is reminiscent of a pagan festival where the men pay tribute to the female's fertility.
You can find times and dates of the individual events and parties in the Official Programme in the weblink above (available about a week before the event).
Dates for this event
- Top 9 sunset hot spots in Mallorca for 2019
- Afternoon Tea "Miró-Style" at La Residencia
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Mallorca
- Celebrity-filled superyacht visits Mallorca
- Nikki Beach Champagne Brunch 2019 Review
- Tasty takeaway from Palma to your yacht