The Festes de Sant Bartomeu in Montuïri run for a couple of weeks in August and has a pretty packed schedule.
The famous male dancing 'cossiers' tour around the town accompanied by the devil and a woman (actually a man in disguise). The men are dressed in brightly coloured clothes and wear unusual hats. The ceremony is reminiscent of a pagan festival where the men pay tribute to the female's fertility.
You can find times and dates of the individual events and parties in the Official Programme in the weblink above (available about a week before the event).
More Mallorca Insights...
- What's on in Mallorca December 2019
- Michelin stars 2020 in Mallorca
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma