Santa Catalina Thomàs (Valldemossa 1531-Palma 1574), popularly known as the “Beata” or “Beateta” was beatified in 1792, and it was then that several Mallorcan municipalities began to celebrate the Fiestas de la Beata in her honour.
On the 28th of July, Valldemossa pays homage to its patroness with the unique Triumphal Chariot parade. This is a stirring procession through the streets with the “Beateta” and her entourage of angels parading alongside carriages festooned with coloured ribbons and flowers to the rhythm of the Montuïri Band and the xeremiers.
Click on the web link for the full programme.
More Mallorca Insights...
- May: What's On & Weather in Mallorca 2021
- June: What's On & Weather in Mallorca 2021
- Fiestas, Festivals & Fairs 2021 in Mallorca
- Michelin stars 2021 in Mallorca
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca