Santa Catalina Thomàs (Valldemossa 1531-Palma 1574), popularly known as the “Beata” or “Beateta” was beatified in 1792, and it was then that several Mallorcan municipalities began to celebrate the Fiestas de la Beata in her honour.
On the 28th of July, Valldemossa pays homage to its patroness with the unique Triumphal Chariot parade. This is a stirring procession through the streets with the “Beateta” and her entourage of angels parading alongside carriages festooned with coloured ribbons and flowers to the rhythm of the Montuïri Band and the xeremiers.
Click on the web link for the full programme.
More Mallorca Insights...
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020