Michael Douglas is celebrating 30 years of summer holidays in Mallorca. The Hollywood star has been regularly coming to his luxury villa, S'Estaca, on the coast deep in the Tramuntana mountains.
Originally the property of Archduke Ludwig Salvator of Austria, he gifted it to Catalina Homar, the archduke's local lover. Douglas purchased it together with his former wife, Diandra Luker, and has been coming here almost every year since then.
Now on the market for $32 million, S'Estaca is located right in front of the sea on Mallorca's western coastline, near the charming town of Valldemossa. However, Douglas declared in an interview with Ultima Hora, a local newspaper, that "Mallorca will always be in our heart and in our lives" referring also to his wife Catherine Zeta Jones who spent many of her childhood summers on the island.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Best 11 restaurants for groups in Mallorca 2019
- Mallorca to host men's ATP tour event in 2020