Michael Douglas is celebrating 30 years of summer holidays in Mallorca. The Hollywood star has been regularly coming to his luxury villa, S'Estaca, on the coast deep in the Tramuntana mountains.
Originally the property of Archduke Ludwig Salvator of Austria, he gifted it to Catalina Homar, the archduke's local lover. Douglas purchased it together with his former wife, Diandra Luker, and has been coming here almost every year since then.
Now on the market for $32 million, S'Estaca is located right in front of the sea on Mallorca's western coastline, near the charming town of Valldemossa. However, Douglas declared in an interview with Ultima Hora, a local newspaper, that "Mallorca will always be in our heart and in our lives" referring also to his wife Catherine Zeta Jones who spent many of her childhood summers on the island.
More Mallorca Insights...
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020