This traditional town square is located in the heart of Pollença and is the centre of the town's social and commercial life.
The Plaça Major was built between 1854 and 1857 to create a gathering place for the locals when the number of inhabitants in Pollença was growing, as the old square 'Plaça Vella' became too small. It was constructed on the site of a cemetery.
The local parish church dedicated to the Mare Deu des Angels is located here. Originally built in 1236, it has been considerably changed throughout the centuries, especially during the 18th century.
This is also where the local market is celebrated every Sunday. There are a few cafes and restaurants with lively terraces on the square.
More Mallorca Insights...
- What's on in Mallorca December 2019
- Michelin stars 2020 in Mallorca
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma