This traditional town square is located in the heart of Pollença and is the centre of the town's social and commercial life.
The Plaça Major was built between 1854 and 1857 to create a gathering place for the locals when the number of inhabitants in Pollença was growing, as the old square 'Plaça Vella' became too small. It was constructed on the site of a cemetery.
The local parish church dedicated to the Mare Deu des Angels is located here. Originally built in 1236, it has been considerably changed throughout the centuries, especially during the 18th century.
This is also where the local market is celebrated every Sunday. There are a few cafes and restaurants with lively terraces on the square.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca