I succumbed to the nagging and took the kids to Western Water Park in Magaluf last week. It is always one of their favourite days out on the island, and this time (fourth visit) lived up to the usual expectations and provided instant excitement and wonder.
We arrived just after opening time on Monday morning, there was no queue, so we went straight through for the obligatory photos with various trained animals. We organised a locker to get everything safely tucked away and then the kids set off to explore.
There is plenty for a family to entertain themselves for a whole day here, with paddling pools for toddlers and Children’s Paradise for the smaller kids plus some more chilled-out rides for relaxing. Most slides and rides are accessible to kids over 1.1 metres tall, but you need to check on some of the scarier rides.
There are food stalls to get pizza, chips and the usual fast food options for re-fuelling, however there are also picnic areas if you prefer to bring your own lunch and refreshments.
This is our preferred water park on the island, it's very clean and well maintained with friendly and helpful staff and lifeguards dotted all over the place. The kids always need to be dragged away at closing time – a sure sign of a great family day out!
MUM’s TOP TIPS:
- Pick up vouchers from the local supermarkets before you go to get the best discounts for entry to the park.
- Plan your visit for the morning when the sun is less fierce and the queues can be much shorter.
- Make sure you organise a meet up point – the park gets really busy in the peak holiday months and you don’t want anyone to get lost (or maybe you do!)
- Don’t forget to keep re-applying sun lotion every hour or so.
- Bring your own picnic if you don’t fancy the fast food on offer.
Louis & Ruby’s TOP 5 ATTRACTIONS:
- Boomerang – be brave and take the plunge
- Tornado – a dark, twisty slide - a white-knuckle ride
- The Beast - (even though they daren’t go on it!) It's 30 metres tall!
- The Wave pool – who needs the ocean?
- The Multipistas – race your friends down the slides
May, June and September 10.00 until 17.00
July & August 10.00 until 18.00
Take a look at this video to see what it's like and how to get there.