Spanish tennis star, Rafael Nadal beat Japan's, Kei Nishikori 6-3, 6-2, in the final of the 2018 Monte-Carlo Masters, taking the tournament title for an 11th time.
Nadal is the first tennis player ever to win 11 titles at the same tournament, adding to his already glittering career and trophy cabinet. The win also marks his 31st Masters title.
The win means Nadal remains at number 1 in the world rankings with a 100 points over his rival Roger Federer. The only final the 30-year-old Nadal has lost at Monte Carlo was to Novak Djokovic in 2013.
Born in Manacor, a village in rural Mallorca, Nadal recently opened a tennis academy in his hometown where young promising tennis players are trained. The state-of-the-art establishment consists of a sports centre, spa, residence, restaurant and sports museum open to the public.
- Top 9 sunset hot spots in Mallorca for 2019
- Afternoon Tea "Miró-Style" at La Residencia
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Mallorca
- Celebrity-filled superyacht visits Mallorca
- Nikki Beach Champagne Brunch 2019 Review
- Tasty takeaway from Palma to your yacht